T he temperature Monday morning was enough to take your breath away as the region experienced record-setting cold and one of the deepest freezes the area has seen in almost a decade. This photo taken just after 7 a.m. on Monday shows 29 degrees below zero. Moments before the display showed 30 degrees below zero, a full 10 degrees colder than the record low for the date set in 1970 of 20 degrees below zero.
January 25, 2011
About Matthew RiceView all posts by Matthew Rice
- North Country Freepress – 04/28/17 April 28, 2017
- 7 vying seats on Whitehall school board April 19, 2017
- Whitehall hosts ‘cutthroat’ Iron Chef competition April 19, 2017
- Area towns, villages plan clean-up events April 19, 2017
- St. Mary’s dedication of altar April 27 April 19, 2017